Sunshine R.O.S.E

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunshine R.O.S.E

3 posters

[MEGA-POST] Problems, Error, Update!

E.N.D
    Jelly bean
    Jelly bean

Character sheet
    Role Play Test: 3

[MEGA-POST] Problems, Error, Update! Empty [MEGA-POST] Problems, Error, Update!

Post  E.N.D Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:01 pm

* I decided to make a list of the common problems and questions many people usually have and try to give some answers and point them to the right direction of what to look for.

- Full Client And updates

- Hi to all! If you have problems updating the ROSE CLIENT dowload this file, 100% secure!

- You need first delete "All Client Rose" And later Execute This file "rosena-web-v7"

- This is the link: http://jump.fm/RBVIL

- Problems With the Connection?

- Status Checkers report that everything is fine but I still have connectivity problems.

If the Server Status Checkers report that everything is working but you still cant connect or having serious lag and d/c then you might want to check your connection between your home and the RoseNA server. If your ms is over 300 then it will be becoming unplayable. If the ping responses time out(stars will appear) then you have no connection between your pc and the RoseNA server.

* One classic and simple way to do this is by running the Windows CMD and type this command: tracert http://sunshine-rose.tk/

You might want to compare your ping ms results with one of those servers that might be close to your country.

- More Problems?

- 1. Why nothing happens when i press the play button ?
    This is a common problem, it means that your client got corrupted. This can happen by three things
    a) Unsuccessful download/update of a patch after maintenance
    b) Corrupted Setup was downloaded which caused errors during installation
    c) Your antivirus program faulty detects ROSE as virus. The only solution is to reinstall the client and make sure that your downloaded setup is proper and you can confirm that by following the steps in the download guide.

2. Why I can't see the NPC text anymore ?

This is a know bug and it happens in the Vista OS. There isn't an 100% effective way but there are many things that you can try and most times work.
    Solution: Universal Solution
    - Every time you log in (not to Rose, but to your User Account), you'll need to reset Run Compatibility for Rose Online & Trose & Trigger Detect (Trose & Trigger Detect may be eliminable here)
    - Use Correct Settings for Rose Online, Trose, and Trigger Detect (Default settings recommended)

Correct Setting Patterns
    Following these guidelines, experiment with the settings until you find one that works.

- Only make changes to Rose Online, Trose, and Trigger Detect (Trigger Detect may be eliminable here)
    - (unsure) Rose Online, Trose, and Trigger Detect properties should be synced (Trigger Detect may be eliminable here)

FAQ

How to Reset a checkbox
    - If Checked : (Uncheck,Apply,Check,OK)
    - If Unchecked: (Check,Apply,Uncheck,OK)
    What is the Default Settings
    - Uncheck all boxes for Rose Online, Trose, and Trigger Detect
    Where to find Trose & Trigger Detect
    - C:\Program Files\Triggersoft\ROSE Online Evolution
    How to change settings of a file
    - Right click the file, Properties, Compatability Tab
    How to check the box: Run as Admin
    - User Account Control must be ON
    What I mean by '____ may be eliminable here'
    - It won't hurt to test ____, but it may not be necessary

If this fixed your issue, you can help others by posting which settings worked for you.

3. In game graphics/sound control panel isn't working properly, how can I force manually the desired graphics/sound options ?
    These settings are stored in a file called SevenHearts.ini and is located inside the ROSE installation folder. You can open that file with notepad and make the desired changes that will take effect after restarting the game.

4. The game shuts down at the log in screen once I type in my info.
    This is a known problem happening again in Vista OS. Turn on the compatibility option for XP, after you done that relaunch the game. Once you type in your information instead of hitting enter wait 15 seconds and then use the mouse to press the tick and hold it for 15 seconds as well(do the same for the channel selection too). Also try play with enabling/disabling the compatibility mode as well the high DPI settings. It should do the work.

5. Zip kind error messages ?!

There are various zip error messages like zip structure error, decompression error, read/write failure, error in zip file, this archive is not a valid Zip archive. Most of the times these errors appear because of two reasons:

a)Corrupted downloaded ROSE setup b)Firewall is blocking the installation or update procedure of the client. The solution is to download a fresh ROSE setup following the Download Guide and disable any firewall/antiviruses during the installation and update of the client. In rarer occasions they might mean Windows or Hardware problem.

6. Why does one of my clients disconnect when I dual client ?
    It is unknown why this is happening to some people considering that your PC has enough power to handle the lag of 2 or more clients. The solution to this is, drop the resolution to 1280x1024 if you had it manually forced higher (in 16:9 ratio) and be in window mode. This should do the job.

7. Why do I disconnect or crash when i try to change character/channel ?

This is a known issue in Vista OS and a few people get it. Use the compatibility option and be in window mode. This should solve the problem most of the times but for more info look in the Technical Section.

8. Why is my game going in slow motion ?

This is a known problem mostly with Nvidia card users. Once you launch the game do not click outside the ROSE window until you reach the log in information. Once you log in and you still have slow motion minimize and maximize again.

9. Is ROSE compatible with Windows 7 and 64bit Windows editions ?
    Yes 100% compatible.

10. Panda Security software and Error in Zip Stracture !
    For some reason the update procedure of ROSE launcher is being blocked by Panda Security software which results in giving the "Error in Zip Structure!" message. Fully uninstall the game and then reinstall while having the Panda Security software fully disabled. Once the update procedure completes too reenable the Panda software.

11. I cant find my party tab anymore or other tabs!

ROSE remembers the location of windows but when you change resolutions then the saved location of tab might be outside the range of your new resolution. To reset the positions of tabs and get back all the windows you need to delete the sevenhearts.ini located in the ROSE installation folder.

12. Norton detects ROSE as virus ?!
    It has been reported that some Norton products detects ROSE as virus during installation or update process. This is a false alarm. It is highly recommended that you fully disable any Norton product while installing and updating the game because not only will prevent the game from updating but will also corrupt the client that will result into the need of reinstalling the client.

13. Error at ROSE launcher ?!
    ROSE launcher needs Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 and later to run properly. To check if your PC has Net Framework and which version download this utility " http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html " that detects and provide download links.
    You might want to try a custom launcher made by a community member that might help you overcome any launcher errors.

14. Why my ROSE launcher doesn't start !?

If you are on XP then use Windows Classic theme and try again. Launcher doesn't like custom themes. If you are on Vista/7 then try running the launcher as administrator.

15. Roseonline.msi missing from temp files when trying to Uninstall/Install ?!?

Its a known problem with the self extractor that deletes the extracted setup from temp folder directly after the extract. Right click on your downloaded setup and manually extract it with winrar anywhere you want. The run the roseonline.msi

16. The option to select the installation location is faded out ?!
    This is a know problem. You can either install the game and then copy/paste its folder to the place you want or you can do this. Right click on the downloaded file manually press to extract it wherever you want. Once you do that place the 2 files at C: Not in a folder or anything, but simply in C:.
    Then go at Start->Run and type this command msiexec /a "C:\RoseOnline.msi" /qb TARGETDIR="C:\Program Files" where C:\Program Files can be replaced with the location you want.

- General Guide to fight ROSE Bugs

Since I have seen enough people straggling to find the known solutions to ROSE bugs I decided to gather them here so that its easier to be located without the need of going through threads to locate the solutions from technical section. Remember this is a small sum up.

For Windows XP:

* Launcher crashing or not starting up:
    The only problem that you might face in Windows XP is the launcher crashing because of custom windows themes. ROSE launcher for some reason doesn't like custom themes. Change to classic theme and try again. Remember you need to have installed Net Framework 3.5 SP1.

For Windows Vista/7:

* Npc Text & Auto Close during Log in:
    For both cases, once you disable UAC, delete ROSE.db & temp file from game folder in program files you need to play by turning off and on the following options on Roseonline.exe and Trose.exe each time you face the problem:
    - Roseonline.exe
    https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/roseonlineexe.png/
    - Trose.exe
    https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/troseexe.png/

* Launcher crashing at start up:
    You may try the following things:
    1. Run the game as Administrator
    2. Turn on Windows XP compatibility mode
    3. Disable User Account Control (UAC)
    4. Make sure you have Net Framework 3.5 SP1. Check using this tool.
    Note that in Windows 7 you dont need to do that since Windows 7 by default have a slightly newer Net version.

- Utilities

- Genesis GenPatch Launcher: For those that have problem with the official launcher and Net Framework. Net Framework 3.5 SP1 Link: http://jump.fm/IRNXN

- NOTE: Dont Execute the New Launcher Sunshine, use the old launcher.. Cuz you will have problems with "TERRAIN" Files

Last edited by Stefano on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total
    Pfann
    Pfann
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet

[MEGA-POST] Problems, Error, Update! Empty re

Post  Pfann Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Great Work Wink
    Hound
    Hound
    Lord Storm
    Lord Storm

Character sheet

[MEGA-POST] Problems, Error, Update! Empty Re: [MEGA-POST] Problems, Error, Update!

Post  Hound Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 am

WOW Very good work Stef Wink i need to chat with you later.

Sponsored content

[MEGA-POST] Problems, Error, Update! Empty Re: [MEGA-POST] Problems, Error, Update!

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:07 pm